Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Vancouver Island

Went to visit Vancouver Island today. It's about a 1 hr ferry ride from Vancouver and is very pretty with a peaceful, laid back sort of atmosphere. (The Vancouverites tell me it's because of the large proportion of elderly people living on the island ... apparently lots of people go there to retire!)

Spent most of the day around Cowichan (probably cos that's where the vineyards are :)

Cowichan Bay

Check out the the name of the yacht

Merridale Ciderworks (they produce apple cider)
Part of a lovely walk around the estate which they encouraged us totake before the apple cider tasting.

The ciderworks had a bit of a faeire theme ... so cute!
Love the last bit ... "And Scrumpy is his name".

Cider tasting ... yummy!


Victoria

Actually didn't take many photos of Victoria (which is the provincial capital), but DID take a good pic of our fabulicious seafood platter.
Mmmmm... really good oysters! (I think I've missed my calling as a food photograper).

Our second lunch ...
... cos the seafood platter, though yummy ... wasn't exactly what you'd call filling.

Caught a beautiful sunset on the ferry ride back to Vancouver. The sun sets here around 9.30ish. All the extra sunlight is fantastic! I honestly don't see why WA doesn't participate in daylight saving. Honestly, I'm sure the cows won't suffer from any permanent psycological damage. (For those non-West Aussies ... confusion caused to cows and a refusal to be milked is the argument used by the farmers in WA against daylight savings).

1 Comments:

Blogger Loreen said...

hahahaah...I SO didn't know that...and I'm from W.A.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home