Saturday, June 25, 2005

Must be blending in with the locals ...

Today i was asked for directions not once, not twice, but three times. Weird. Although, I guess even though there isn't a huge asian community, there are enough asians around for me to seem like a local, that is, until I start trying to string together a sentence in Spanish. The asian people here mostly appear to be operating supermarkets or delis ... funny that ... some things don't change no matter where you are in the world :P

Don't really have anything interesting to report, have settled into a Spanish lessons/homework & afternoon coffee & pastries/tango lessons/dinner routine. I still can't get over the fact that people here generally have dinner here around 10pm. The tango dancers/teachers here are fabulous. SO MUCH to learn ... one month just isn't enough time!

Actually, just remembered something a bit interesting ... my tango class on tues night was filmed for some sort of French documentary about tango in Argentina ... don't know any more details than that, but if at some point in the future, you happen to be watching a French doco on tango, and you think you spot someone that looks a lot like me ... well, it probably is!

2 Comments:

Blogger Loreen said...

Yes...I'll be watching a dancing documentary in the near future...

...then again, Felix & I did see that clip of you wearing next to nothing twirling your thing on the dance floor...

11:58 PM  
Blogger linh said...

Ahem ... that was quite a sedate dance costume thank you very much! (As dance costumes go at least).

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home