Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Zapatos de Tango ... I've gone a bit shoe crazy I think

WARNING: The following post deals solely with ladies shoes, so if you are not interested in ladies shoes, please do not read any further.

Today i bought 4 pairs of tango shoes. Don't know how it happened, I walked into the store just to browse, and walked out with 4 pairs of shoes. I just couldn't bear to leave any of them behind. I would call it temporary insanity, except that I don't regret my purchases, even if it means that I might need to live off a diet of bread and water for the rest of my trip.

Even worse is that it now brings my tango shoe tally to a grand total of 9 pairs!

The justification:
- Tango shoes are relatively cheap here, average around $80 (half of cost of equivalent shoes in Aust). The total cost of all 9 pairs of shoes are probably equivalent to Loreen's recent Prada shoe purchase (in London).
- You can't get the same shoes anywhere else.
- I can wear at least half of the shoes out to parties ... so they're not limited to tango dancing.
- And last, but not least, they're SO pretty!

Here is a selection of some of the shoes

This first pair is my favourite. The heel is crazy-high (9cms!) but strangely comfy (you can tell that the shoe was made/designed by a dancer).


Can also be worn for salsa.

Funky stripes, and gotta luv the red trim!

2 Comments:

Blogger Loreen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Loreen said...

uh...no...my shoes did not cost 9 x $80 = $720...they were on sale!!!...but I have to admit I really do like some of them...

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home