Back in good ol' Van
Have been in Van for a week now. It's great to be back and to hang old with old friends. Revisted the UBC campus the other day, felt SO nostalgic. Thems were good times.
Highlights from Van so far:
FOOD! After 6 weeks of not being able to find ANY decent asian food ... I have been gorging myself on Japanese (hate to say it, but the Japanese restaurants here are better and have more variety than you would get in Australia), Korean, Chinese, and of course, had to have some good ol' pho (Vietnamese beef hofan). It's great to travel to places where you know locals. They're the ones who know all the good places to eat (and can drive you there!) :)
Korean hotpot thingo (SO tasty!)

All you can eat Japanese PLUS Korean bbq

Nitobe gardens in UBC campus.
This is Joelene and Brandon ... I used to work with them at The Oupost (one of the stores on the UBC campus).
Went to a barbeque at Brandon's friend's house. Easily the nicest place I've ever been to. Backyard to die for! Actually, it's more like a compound, since they property incorporates two houses. Thought it was worth posting some pics ...
Right on the ocean!

Part of the backyard

Pool around which you could film a hip-hop music video :)

View from the balcony!

This is the sangria I made for the barbie. Delish!
Highlights from Van so far:
FOOD! After 6 weeks of not being able to find ANY decent asian food ... I have been gorging myself on Japanese (hate to say it, but the Japanese restaurants here are better and have more variety than you would get in Australia), Korean, Chinese, and of course, had to have some good ol' pho (Vietnamese beef hofan). It's great to travel to places where you know locals. They're the ones who know all the good places to eat (and can drive you there!) :)
Korean hotpot thingo (SO tasty!)

All you can eat Japanese PLUS Korean bbq

This is Joelene and Brandon ... I used to work with them at The Oupost (one of the stores on the UBC campus).Went to a barbeque at Brandon's friend's house. Easily the nicest place I've ever been to. Backyard to die for! Actually, it's more like a compound, since they property incorporates two houses. Thought it was worth posting some pics ...
Right on the ocean!

Part of the backyard

Pool around which you could film a hip-hop music video :)

View from the balcony!

This is the sangria I made for the barbie. Delish!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home