Friday, July 08, 2005

Food again

Replaced the meat pic
Seeing as how a couple of people have said that the meat pic previously posted (June 16th) didn't look particularly appealing. So I've updated with another piece of beef (bife de lomo) from dinner last night, you can scroll back down if you're interested.

Alfahores and dulce de leche

This is an alfahore. Tim Tam equivalent. Very nice. It's filled with dulce de leche, which is made from caramelized condensed milk. Argentinians use dulce de leche as topping and fillings for lots of things (e.g. puddings, biscuit and pastry fillings).

Mate
It's sort of like a bitter tea that you drink from a container called a mate using a silver straw. Argentinians love the stuff, and many carry around a mate and thermos of hot water for refills. I quite like it so I bought myself a couple of sets of mate and botilla (the silver straw thingo). Will take a pic and post it when I get the chance.

1 Comments:

Blogger catty said...

that alfahore looks SO good... any chance u can fedex one back to me? =)

hows Vancouver?

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home