Last days in Cuzco
Couple more pics ... mostly to do with food and drink.
From a place called "Chocolate" in Cuzco. Best hot choc I've had in ages! The chocolate was also yummy made with cocoa from the region, and the filling was a chilli / cherry liqueur. Mmmmmm!

In my last night in Cuzco ... I had dinner at a place called "Fallen Angel" recommended to me by both Liz and Courtney. Very cool chilled-out atmostphere. Unfortunately, couldn't finish the pisco sour in the pic, cos my stomach still felt a bit delicate.

Teaching Beg 1A/1B in Cuzco, Peru
After dinner, I wandered over to Mama America for a spot of salsa and to check out the free classes from 9-11ish (mostly aimed at tourists I think). The guy who was taking the class explained that he had been asked to teach at the last minute and for the first time. Since he was so nervous, I mentioned to him that I had taught before and offered to help him out a bit with the students. After struggling for a while (obviously hadn't had the benefit of the superior instructor training at available at the Salsa Casino studios :) he basically gave up and asked me to take the class so he could observe how I taught ... and so somehow I basically ended up taking the equivalent of a Beg 1A/1B salsa casino class. Was good fun. I quite miss teaching actually.
From a place called "Chocolate" in Cuzco. Best hot choc I've had in ages! The chocolate was also yummy made with cocoa from the region, and the filling was a chilli / cherry liqueur. Mmmmmm!

In my last night in Cuzco ... I had dinner at a place called "Fallen Angel" recommended to me by both Liz and Courtney. Very cool chilled-out atmostphere. Unfortunately, couldn't finish the pisco sour in the pic, cos my stomach still felt a bit delicate.

Teaching Beg 1A/1B in Cuzco, Peru
After dinner, I wandered over to Mama America for a spot of salsa and to check out the free classes from 9-11ish (mostly aimed at tourists I think). The guy who was taking the class explained that he had been asked to teach at the last minute and for the first time. Since he was so nervous, I mentioned to him that I had taught before and offered to help him out a bit with the students. After struggling for a while (obviously hadn't had the benefit of the superior instructor training at available at the Salsa Casino studios :) he basically gave up and asked me to take the class so he could observe how I taught ... and so somehow I basically ended up taking the equivalent of a Beg 1A/1B salsa casino class. Was good fun. I quite miss teaching actually.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home