Better late than never
Okay, I'll admit to being horrendous lately, at updating this blog. I think it got to a point that I had so much to update, that the whole process felt too stressful ... almost like when you're supposed to do homework and keep putting it off. Plus I've been very, very busy ... am probably trying to cram far too many things into my life ... but I wouldn't give up any of it.
Hrmmm ... last time I wrote was so long ago, just had a check of where I got up to. Maybe I'll just work backwards.
Went to see Avenue Q a couple of nights ago with Kah Leng, Sonia and Yang. It was BRILLIANT. If you get a chance you HAVE TO go see it. Mix of puppets and humans and songs like "It Sucks to be Me" and "Everyone's a Little Bit Racist" ... very, very funny.
Considering it's now 1am, will try and keep it brief, and maybe upload some pics at a later date.
Stuff I've done around town
Last weekend ...
Saturday - Day started with the clean up of my room after roof collapsed. (Big thanks to Ming for her help in the clean up process! And for the making to blueberry pancakes to cheer me up). Background: it all started with spreading of damp, then physical leak and more spreading of damp. Friday night I got home, and found that part of my roof had fallen on the foot of my bed. Luckily I had been out at the time. Wouldn't have happened if the building manager was a bit more efficient in fixing it "these things take time ..." wtf! We told him and our landlord about it over 5 weeks ago! Now that my roof has collapsed and my room is uninhabitable, it seems that finally something is being done to get it all fixed. Am currently sleeping in the living room, which isn't ideal, but oh well, at least I'm saving money since landlord has agreed that I shouldn't have to pay rent. Anyway, enough ranting ... have more interesting things to write about.
- Camden markets - had great fun wandering around with Ming and her work friend Sabrina (fellow foodie). Plan to go back there this Sunday to a paint-your-own-pottery shop we saw there.
- BBC Proms - advertised as "The world's greatest classical music festival" consisting of over 70 concerts at the Royal Albert Hall. Ours was a Mozart concert. Very enjoyable. Followed concerted by supper in Chinatown.
Sunday
- Toast - Australia. Food and wine event at Regent's Park.
- Went on a guided tour of the HMS Albion (Matt's ship) - Matt is May's boyfriend. Was quite impressive, albeit a bit bleak and depressing (all that grey!), but not surprising considering it's a warship.
- Stood on the Prime Meridian (and wandered around Greenwich generally)
Hmmm ... am sleepy and tired and somehow only managed to cover last weekend ... so other stuff very very quickly ... will insert photos at some point shortly (so watch this space!). In reverse chronological order ...
- Went to Cambridge (this time in good weather) and Colchester (visit to Cheryl's farm)
- Monopoly Pub Crawl
- Bruges - with Sara, Ming and May (Flat 5 Connaught Court outing) - trip can be summarised by three words: Chocolate, Beer and Mussels. Cycle tour of the city was also good fun.
- Gnarls Barkley concert - was good, but not as brilliant as the Ugly Duckling concert I saw a while back.
- Amsterdam - went back again for the weekend to see the place properly. Ignoring the red light district (legalised prostitution) and legalised marijuana aspect, it is a very picturesque town, with beautiful canals and friendly (and very, very tall) people.
- Krakow - quite pretty city. Visited Auschwitz (incredibly sad) and the Salt Mines (interesting). Also looked like it would have had a great nightlife, but there was a prohibition on the sale of alcohol the weekend we were there because The Pope was in town, which meant that a lot of the bars and clubs were closed.
Hrmmm ... last time I wrote was so long ago, just had a check of where I got up to. Maybe I'll just work backwards.
Went to see Avenue Q a couple of nights ago with Kah Leng, Sonia and Yang. It was BRILLIANT. If you get a chance you HAVE TO go see it. Mix of puppets and humans and songs like "It Sucks to be Me" and "Everyone's a Little Bit Racist" ... very, very funny.
Considering it's now 1am, will try and keep it brief, and maybe upload some pics at a later date.
Stuff I've done around town
Last weekend ...
Saturday - Day started with the clean up of my room after roof collapsed. (Big thanks to Ming for her help in the clean up process! And for the making to blueberry pancakes to cheer me up). Background: it all started with spreading of damp, then physical leak and more spreading of damp. Friday night I got home, and found that part of my roof had fallen on the foot of my bed. Luckily I had been out at the time. Wouldn't have happened if the building manager was a bit more efficient in fixing it "these things take time ..." wtf! We told him and our landlord about it over 5 weeks ago! Now that my roof has collapsed and my room is uninhabitable, it seems that finally something is being done to get it all fixed. Am currently sleeping in the living room, which isn't ideal, but oh well, at least I'm saving money since landlord has agreed that I shouldn't have to pay rent. Anyway, enough ranting ... have more interesting things to write about.
- Camden markets - had great fun wandering around with Ming and her work friend Sabrina (fellow foodie). Plan to go back there this Sunday to a paint-your-own-pottery shop we saw there.
- BBC Proms - advertised as "The world's greatest classical music festival" consisting of over 70 concerts at the Royal Albert Hall. Ours was a Mozart concert. Very enjoyable. Followed concerted by supper in Chinatown.
Sunday
- Toast - Australia. Food and wine event at Regent's Park.
- Went on a guided tour of the HMS Albion (Matt's ship) - Matt is May's boyfriend. Was quite impressive, albeit a bit bleak and depressing (all that grey!), but not surprising considering it's a warship.
- Stood on the Prime Meridian (and wandered around Greenwich generally)
Hmmm ... am sleepy and tired and somehow only managed to cover last weekend ... so other stuff very very quickly ... will insert photos at some point shortly (so watch this space!). In reverse chronological order ...
- Went to Cambridge (this time in good weather) and Colchester (visit to Cheryl's farm)
- Monopoly Pub Crawl
- Bruges - with Sara, Ming and May (Flat 5 Connaught Court outing) - trip can be summarised by three words: Chocolate, Beer and Mussels. Cycle tour of the city was also good fun.
- Gnarls Barkley concert - was good, but not as brilliant as the Ugly Duckling concert I saw a while back.
- Amsterdam - went back again for the weekend to see the place properly. Ignoring the red light district (legalised prostitution) and legalised marijuana aspect, it is a very picturesque town, with beautiful canals and friendly (and very, very tall) people.
- Krakow - quite pretty city. Visited Auschwitz (incredibly sad) and the Salt Mines (interesting). Also looked like it would have had a great nightlife, but there was a prohibition on the sale of alcohol the weekend we were there because The Pope was in town, which meant that a lot of the bars and clubs were closed.


1 Comments:
Linh, I just found out your roof collapse...why didn't you say anything. Btw just found out what wtf means, how rude!
take care,
sis
Post a Comment
<< Home