Happy B'day Reen!
Just came back this afternoon from a weekend trip to Cambridge for Loreen's birthday. 'Twas good fun despite the rain and generally cold and miserable weather. A true testament to the prettiness of the town that we enjoyed it anyway. Cambridge is full of historic old buildings dating back hundreds of years and which have been extremely well maintained. It is situated on The River Cam (I'm guessing this is where the name "Cambridge" came from), which adds enormously to the picturesque-ness of the place.
After a guided walk of the town, we went on a chauffeured punt along river, which was lovely (despite the crummy weather). Am determined to go back for a day trip at some point and do it again when the weather is nice (since it only takes a bit over an hour to get there from London.
Clare College (view from the river)

Bridge of Sighs

Felix trying his hand at punting

The weekend was originally planned as a surprise for Loreen birthday (a surprise which I had inadvertently let slip due to an accidental email forwarding incident ... to which Felix was quite forgiving, Reen (and others) were quite amused, and I felt quite guilty about).
Despite his lack of planning experience, Felix did quite a good job in booking a lovely hotel, and a very, very nice dinner at the 2 Michelin star rated Midsummer House.
The Tasting Menu ... despite the expense (am trying not to think how much money we spent), one glance at the menu and we couldn't resist

Similarly, couldn't resist having the wine pairings to go with the various dishes ...

Needless to say, with the great food, wine, service and company, a fabulous night was had by all.
PS I left much of the general photo taking up to Felix, since his camera is much fancier than mine. Will probably post more pics when I get them from him.
After a guided walk of the town, we went on a chauffeured punt along river, which was lovely (despite the crummy weather). Am determined to go back for a day trip at some point and do it again when the weather is nice (since it only takes a bit over an hour to get there from London.
Clare College (view from the river)

Bridge of Sighs

Felix trying his hand at punting

The weekend was originally planned as a surprise for Loreen birthday (a surprise which I had inadvertently let slip due to an accidental email forwarding incident ... to which Felix was quite forgiving, Reen (and others) were quite amused, and I felt quite guilty about).
Despite his lack of planning experience, Felix did quite a good job in booking a lovely hotel, and a very, very nice dinner at the 2 Michelin star rated Midsummer House.
The Tasting Menu ... despite the expense (am trying not to think how much money we spent), one glance at the menu and we couldn't resist

Similarly, couldn't resist having the wine pairings to go with the various dishes ...

Needless to say, with the great food, wine, service and company, a fabulous night was had by all.
PS I left much of the general photo taking up to Felix, since his camera is much fancier than mine. Will probably post more pics when I get them from him.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home