Salsa!
Am blogging from the business centre at Radisson Hotel near Heathrow Airport. Why am I here, you ask? I am "Mambo City 5 Star Salsa Congress", featuring a whole heap of fabulous dancers and teacher from the UK and internationally. Yes, I know, for you non-dancers out there, it might sound like a cross between a trekkie convention or other cult-type gathering ... and actually, you'd probably not be far off :).
The Congress kicked off with social dancing on Friday night until 2am. Then yesterday we had 6 hours of workshops from 11am to 5pm, followed by a brief rest, dinner, 2 hrs of performances and then social dancing for the rest of the night. When I finally retired to my room at 4am, the party was still going strong! (Pls refer to earlier comment on cultish dedication). Am quite proud of having dragged myself out of bed at 10am this mornigng, albeit the main motivating factor was that hotel buffet b'fast finished at 10.30 (rather than dance dedication) ... those who know me will know that a Linh without b'fast/food is not a happy camper! And have somehow managed to get another 6 hours of workshops.
Oh, and for any of you salseros/salseras still reading my blog ... Anna (Lumsden) from Perth is here at the Congress too! She's been a (relatively) recent and much welcome arrival to London - it's really great to have another dancing freak/friend in London.
On other matters ... have been doing A LOT of travelling. Looking back, I think I've only spent 2 weekends in London since the end of February. Firstly there was a snowboarding weekend in Chamonix (France), then weekend in Lille (also France), then snowboarding (again) near Reinosa (Spain). Have just spent Easter and following week in the US - Boston 3 days, then New York City for 8 days, and now am here for the Congress (though, I guess, technically I'm still in London, but on the other hand, I'm staying at the hotel for 3 nights). Hence I'm quite behind (once again) on my blogging, but will hopefully post a few pics and provide some more detailed commentary on my recent travels at some point soon-ish.
Might leave off and go have a bit of a catnap at this point ... must conserve/recover energy for what will (hopefully) be a great night of dancing.
The Congress kicked off with social dancing on Friday night until 2am. Then yesterday we had 6 hours of workshops from 11am to 5pm, followed by a brief rest, dinner, 2 hrs of performances and then social dancing for the rest of the night. When I finally retired to my room at 4am, the party was still going strong! (Pls refer to earlier comment on cultish dedication). Am quite proud of having dragged myself out of bed at 10am this mornigng, albeit the main motivating factor was that hotel buffet b'fast finished at 10.30 (rather than dance dedication) ... those who know me will know that a Linh without b'fast/food is not a happy camper! And have somehow managed to get another 6 hours of workshops.
Oh, and for any of you salseros/salseras still reading my blog ... Anna (Lumsden) from Perth is here at the Congress too! She's been a (relatively) recent and much welcome arrival to London - it's really great to have another dancing freak/friend in London.
On other matters ... have been doing A LOT of travelling. Looking back, I think I've only spent 2 weekends in London since the end of February. Firstly there was a snowboarding weekend in Chamonix (France), then weekend in Lille (also France), then snowboarding (again) near Reinosa (Spain). Have just spent Easter and following week in the US - Boston 3 days, then New York City for 8 days, and now am here for the Congress (though, I guess, technically I'm still in London, but on the other hand, I'm staying at the hotel for 3 nights). Hence I'm quite behind (once again) on my blogging, but will hopefully post a few pics and provide some more detailed commentary on my recent travels at some point soon-ish.
Might leave off and go have a bit of a catnap at this point ... must conserve/recover energy for what will (hopefully) be a great night of dancing.


1 Comments:
holy crap she BLOGS!
Post a Comment
<< Home