My first weekend in London ...
Went for afternoon tea yesterday with Loreen at St James' restaurant on the 4th floor of Fortnum & Mason.
Felt very elegant and posh ... chatting, sipping tea and eating the little crustless sandwiches, scones (with clotted cream and jam) and tiny mini deserts ... yum! We even had a guy playing jazz and showtunes on a baby grand piano.

What made it even better (particularly considering my current unemployed status) was that the whole afternoon tea was Reen's birthday treat to me. Thanks Reen!
Salsa in London
Went salsering last night with Miffy, Boaz and Katya (Miff's friend).
Was a great night ... we danced pretty much non-stop from 10pm to almost 2am! Pic of Miffy, Boaz and myself ... sweaty and tired after hours of dancing.
This morning I slept in until 11.30am (quite late for me) and then had a dim sum brunch at Reen's local dim sum place ... a great way to start a Sunday morning. Then it was on to shopping on Oxford St. I bought a denim skirt (impulse buy) and pair of jeans (necessity). Pic to the left is of us having a coffee and a bit of a (well earned) rest after a hard day of eating and shopping :) I think it turned out quite well considering it was one of DIY pictures.
Just cooked dinner (pasta). Am making an effort to fatten Reen up. She's gotten thinner since coming to London and I'm concerned she may soon disappear! Right now we're comfortably sitting around listening to 80's music and being nerds (she's studying French and I'm organising my computer files - music, pictures, backing up folders etc).


2 Comments:
i'm so super jealous of you linh! I've always been envious but now.. you're in London.. and with Loreen.. and FREE POSHY AFTERNOON TEA? Woman!! Well since I now live vicariously through YOU (I think we all do), you better keep your posts interesting (read: hot and sexy) ok? Don't leave out any juicy details!! =)
i think the fact that she is here with me tops the list... =D
Post a Comment
<< Home