Friday, July 22, 2005

My Birthday!

Can't believe I'm now a quarter of a century. In the words of Jessica Simpson ... "I'm almost in my mid-twenties!"

Had a pleasant day, though reasonably uneventful.

Hightlight of the day was having YUMMY Vietnamese food for lunch.

Note the soup ... it's called Canh Chua Tom. It's a Vietnamese sour soup made from tamarind, vegies, herbs and in this case, prawns (but you can also add chicken or fish). It's one of my favourite Vietnamese dishes and my mum regularly makes back home. Actually made me feel a tad homesick. Also note the little dipping bowl in the middle containing lemon dip (made from lemon, salt and pepper). Those who have eaten with me will know that I'm obsessed with dips and sauces, and my absolute favourite multi-purpose dip is this lemon one. When it came out with the fried chicken wings (without my having to ask for lemon and create it myself) it really just made my day. (Hmmm... I guess it doesn't take much to make me happy ...)

Thanks to all those who sent me birthday messages or emails (it's nice to be remembered, even halfway across the word). Cat wins the prize for the most birthay wishes ... she wished me happy birthday a total of four times via four different electronic mediums: (1) msn messenger; (2) email/e-card; (3) her blog; and (4) another friend's blog. Methinks we have truly entered the Internet age! For her prize, she gets a big e-hug from me :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home