Saturday, July 30, 2005

London!

Arrived Tuesday afternoon. Am crashing with Loreen & Felix in Canary Wharf. They've kindly bought me a kingsized air mattress to sleep on, which is actually quite comfy. My bedroom is their living room. Reen has said that I can stay for as long as I need to (isn't that sweet?), but I am keen to find a place of my own since living out of a suitcase in someone's living room isn't ideal. Reenie and I go wayyyy back though (friends with since primary school - Year 5 I think ... or Grade 5 if you're having trouble with the lingo, you know who you are :P) so it's been really great to catch up with her.

I quite like it here in London (lots of things going on ... v. different from sleepy ol' Perth), except for the fact that being here represents my re-entry into the "real world" after over two months of holidaying! I've already had a couple of meetings with recruitment agents, who seem to think I'll be able to find a job quite easily ... but I'm really disinclined to count my chickens before they hatch. Also having to spend pounds when you've been unemployed for the last two months can be a bit scary.

In keeping with the food and dancing blog theme ...

On my second night here, went over to Miffy's (aka Michelle) house for dinner and general catching up (hadn't seen her for years!). Her flatmate's husband (who just happens to be a chef in the US) made us a fabulicious dinner of traditional Lebanese cuisine.
Don't be fooled by the cute pink pajamas (and the fact that she calls herself Miffy! :P), she's really a high-powered lawyer with Freshfields here in London and well on her way to becoming a property baron. Well, p'raps not high-powered ... but a lawyer anyway :) We're going salsering tomorrow night (Miff used to teach salsa and do performances in Syd) along with Boaz (fab dancer from Perth ... such a shame he's only in town for one night). Can't wait!

Caught up with Caroline last night, over a bottle (and a half) of wine and nibblies.
Caroline's a good friend/ex-dancing buddy from Perth. She's spent the last year working in Vienna and has now settled down in London ... with a boy! I still can't get over it. She had previously been the flightiest (and flirtiest) of all of my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home