Thursday, December 01, 2005

Ewan McGregor!

Went to see Guys & Dolls a couple of nights ago.

Having been a fan of ol' Ewan since seeing him in Moulin Rouge, when I found out he was starring in the the west end production of Guys and Dolls, and being the musical freak that I am, I just had to get tickets. And not just any tickets, but the best seats in the house. Despite the fact that stalls seats cost £55 a pop, due to the popularity of the show, and I still had to book two months in advance to get the seats that I wanted. But it was well worth the wait ... 6 rows from the front, right in the middle.

The show itself was fantastic, interesting plot, catchy songs, great dancing and choreography and acting ... and with the added bonus of being a bit of a perv-fest. Even Loreen admits to being a Ewan McGregror convert after seeing the show (which she has now seen twice!). Ewan plays 'Sky Masterson', a charming gambler who falls in love with a straight laced (but pretty) missionary worker who is out to save souls from evil and sin. Jane Krakowski (who played the blonde secretary in Ally McBeal) was brilliant as Miss Adelaide, the hotbox dancer trying to get her fiance of 14 years to committ to marriage. Apparently she actually comes from a theatre background, and according to her bio she has even been awarded a Tony (the theatre equivalent to an Oscar).

Am still humming "luck be a lady tonight" ... and "I love you a bushel and a peck...."

Shows and travelling ... two reasons why it's great living in London. More than balances out the (often) miserable weather (well miserable compared to Perth anyway).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home