Thursday, October 20, 2005

Not happy!

My laptop is broken. Brought it to a computer repair place yesterday (which charges £50 just for diagnosis!). They called me this afternoon and said that it's a faulty motherboard, which are v. expensive and will apparently cost roughly £350 (roughly A$800) to replace. The machine is a mere 1 year and two months old ... which means the warranty expired two months ago! Don't understand what happened ... one minute it's working, and the next day it isn't. Sitting on my desk the whole time (so it's not like it was dropped or I sat on or anything).

Am very upset.

On the bright side, at least it's the motherboard and not the hard drive (so at least I don't lose my emails, docs, music and pics ... *fingers crossed*).

Am going to Hong Kong in three weeks time to visit my brother (who's working there at the moment), so will look into getting a new one there (not worth spending £350 to repair when I can get a new one for about £800 - £900). Silver lining I guess is that I may get a brand new computer ... p'raps a Mac even (since they're prettier and apparently crash less and are harder to break!)

Don't know how i'm going to get through three entire weeks without my comp. No music, picture organising, ABC Newsradio (which I listen to online ... quite addicted to it ... sad but true) and msn-ing for three entire weeks! Good thing I use gmail though, and can check my email at work (though have to be a bit sneaky about it since I'm in an open plan office environment).

*Sigh*

1 Comments:

Blogger catty said...

oOo that sucks linh-y... but Hong Kong's heaps of fun! =) Shop lots, and get your bro to take u to the markets etc... have fun!!!

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home